So, today was the BIG REVEAL....... baby revealed a lot.... showed off it's leg bones and a beautiful spine and ribs, made sure we got some shots and measurements of it's head and abdomen. Tree hugger also showed us it's toes and hands... so when we went to see the goods....baby turned rump up and we couldn't see anything, so then baby moved and put it's little foot right in front of the goods. The tech was like i can't even guess...baby is NOT showing us anything.... doh! It was cute... i said 'oh, come on baby..show us your stuff' And baby pointed a little finger at us and started moving it's mouth and moving it's hands like it was talking to us saying, 'ha, ha, you're not going to find out!'
So, i'm fine with not knowing, it's not like it really matters to me if we know, i just wanted the baby to be healthy, which so far all things look good and i'm measuring right on track!
So, then i go to work, and i get a call to come back to the Dr's office......my blood pressure was high and they wanted to re take it....and i needed my RH shot. So, i'm like great....my blood pressure has been on the high end of normal since going to this Dr --good news, it's not getting higher, but it's also not getting lower. I have NEVER EVER have had an issue with my BP. So, they take my BP - and it was still super high, so she gives me my shot, which hurt like a MO FO and then she takes my BP again, and it is significantly lower, BUT still on the higher end...so the DR comes in and explains to me that they're starting me on BP meds to keep the BP down and get the issue now, instead of waiting until it really can become an issue.
Now, i must throw it out there that i am terrified of death.....And knowing that i am walking around with higher BP, knowing i could have a stroke, heart attack or seizure, scares the crap-ola out of me. Pre-E/eclampsia is my WORST pregnancy fear...i am terrified of that and knowing that i'm walking on that thin line, also terrifies the crap-ola out of me.....
i'll be honest, i am scared.
I am trying to look at it that they are dealing with this early in hopes that it won't become an issue. I'm thinking that i probably am not going to be going til 40wks, and i won't be surprised if baby comes closer to 37 wks. Not that i want to have an early baby, but in a way, i feel like i need to prepare myself..... i do not want to go on bed rest.
So, prayers that the meds work and my BP goes down and i have a uneventful rest of the pregnancy and baby comes out healthy.....and that i'm okay too... :)
Goodness! I pray the blood pressure medicine helps you and you get to keep that precious (albeit sneaky) baby cookin till the perfect time!
ReplyDeleteWill you get a chance to have another scan?
Hopefully the meds do the trick, and be glad that the doctor even put you on them!! It seems like so many people, they just make them wait things out, until it gets bad....
ReplyDeleteI was on BP meds with Alex, my BP was always high, but I never had a problem with protein in my urine, swelling, or headaches, so they didn't worry TOO much about pre-eclampsia. I was also under a lot of stress, and I really think that was it. We signed for our townhouse in July, found out we were pregnant in September, then found out Brandon was Autistic..... lots to deal with!!
Once I delivered at 38 weeks, my BP was within normal levels, and I was off the meds before I even left the hospital. ;)
Hang in there!!!
I ended up on bedrest at the end of both pregnancies due to high blood pressure. Was okay throughout much of the pregnancy, but towards the end, I started having problems. Some headaches, swelling, had to go through the 24 hour urine collection. I was induced early with both children. Braeden 11 days early, and Kaelynn about 8 days before my due date. I was on bedrest with Kaelynn for longer, though. The BP issues started a little sooner in my pregnancy with her. I think you will be fine -- they are keeping an eye on you, and the meds will help. Just be sure if you start having any issues like swelling, headaches or blurred vision, to let your doctor know right away.
ReplyDeletesarah mc- yup, we have another apt march 17th for follow up with the BP issues, and we'll take a sneak peak to see if baby will show us the goods. If not, then we'll just wait til July. :)
ReplyDeleteJessy&Sarah - well, that makes me feel a little better. I don't have anything in my urine, vision issues, etc. I do get headaches, but it's usually before a snow or rain storm...so i don't think it's BP related. And no swelling....so..i'm hoping all will be well. I"m still freaked out though. Oh and i have to do the 24 hr urine jug thingy....joy.
Fun day for an u/s!! Hopefully your little Lucky Charm will show the goods!! Trust me, not knowing can be tough!! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhen I had to do the 24 hour collection, I confined myself to the house. I could not imagine having to work, and collect while working!! lol