Friday, January 29, 2010

TTC ...wha?

I have learned throughout the 2 years of trying to get pregnant that one may get a little obsessive about it. Luckily, i know that this obsession is shared and common. :) I belong to a little pregnancy community on the web and have found that many of the ladies here are just as wanting a child as any other and we get to share our journeys together, celebrate in pregnancy announcements and love when we see baby bumps and newborns!! I have learned a lot from this site, reading about pregnancy, the aches and pains and i have read about ladies who had very easy pregnancies and births (I'm hoping in fall into the latter). I have learned many little abbreviations and in this post....i am sharing them with you, in case i happen to use them in my posts.....

TTC - trying to conceive
AF -aunt flo ---we do not like her...we want her to go away for 9 months, but is glad when she comes so i know my body is working and then i can get on with my next cycle
BD - baby dance...this is my favorite part of making a baby... ;)
CM -cervical mucus
FMU -first morning urine (used to take HPT (home pregnancy tests))
POAS - pee on a stick
OPK -ovulation predictor kits (similar to HPTs but they predict ovulation)
PG -pregnant
BFP -BIG fat positive
BFN -Big fat negative
O -ovulation
CD- cycle day. (CD 1 starts the day AF comes.)
2WW - 2 week wait (this is the 2 weeks between your O and when AF is to show......these 2 weeks go extremely slow and you can get obsessive on any symptom you have)

And one i came up with: NOESIWTTLTC ---no one ever said it would take this long to conceive

During our first year in TTCing, i did not really do a whole lot, we just BD'd a lot....then after a few months, i found out about OPK's...so i started to do those hoping to pin point my O days....
a friend suggested http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/ and it helps give you an idea of when you're fertile. I then switched to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ and it charts my cycles and lets me do a whole lot of different things.

After December of 2008 and getting poppa monkey's SA results, he started on some fertility blend vitamins for guys and i start to temp and track my ovulation, since my periods can be inconsistent. Temping consists of taking my temp. every morning at the same time without getting up and moving around....so my alarm would go off, i would have the thermometer on my night stand and then i'd take my temp, write it down and later on plug it into FF(fertilityfreind). Then when i would start getting into CD 12-20 i would start my OPK's 2, 3 times a day. Well, i temped and i charted and then another month went by and another and another. I finally decided to stop temping once my new OB/GYN stated he's pretty sure i was ovulating and i can feel my ovulation every now and again..... So, i stopped with the charting, gosh it is so freeing....

I would still do my OPK's...but after we met with the Fertility Dr in late 2009, i pretty much have stopped doing that too...... although sometimes i do a OPK just to see the two lines on a test...i know, pathetic.....but i'm not the only one!! :)

I have given 2 friends OPK's and HPT's from my 'stash' and both have wound up pregnant shortly after. One friend just announced her pregnancy and i'm truly very excited for her....and glad that the baby vibes have stuck to her. I'm hoping that if i keep poas (OPK) that it'll stick to me too..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment